Tune into my Latest Podcast Episode!
- You cannot scale online without systems. The setup is the most important part of customizing your ecosystems for your business. Software aesthetics will NOT make you money in your business, but the functionality of your business systems will! I currently use over 15 softwares to run my business, and I'm sure this list will continue to grow. The digital world has endless solutions, just utilize what you need.
Listed Below are the softwares I use to create operational systems for my Hair Business. Also I've provided some resources you can use to get familiar and train yourself on how to use these softwares. If you have a team you can also help train them to use these softwares. The goal is to get as intentional as possible in your business. Systems keep you organized and also track the traffic and operations of your business. When picking softwares make sure to look at their features and integration capabilities. It is important to understand how a specific software can help or not help you customize your system(s) for your business. Do not limit yourself to what's listed below. This blog post should guide you in the direction of thinking about what softwares will work best for you, based on what you want to offer your traffic, customer, clients, and/or students.
Ai Tools: artificial intelligence is here and making work so much more efficient, and helping us to get through workload faster
- Shopify Generate Text
- Canva and Canva Pro Ai features
Shopify: E-commerce platform. The Features and Apps associated are used create your custom ecosystem for better organization, to help with customer buying experience, and to boost sales for your business)
- Generate Text: on product description section of product page
- Linkpop: create customizable and shoppable menu, can also track your analytics in one place (Ex: like linktree but better)
- Ziplify: Custom Page Builder (currently not using but did for over a year)
- Shopify Download: sell digital downloads (possibly found a better replacement, still researching)
- Kiwi Sizing Chart: chart creator
- Shopify Inbox: shopify built i feature for email marketing (great for beginners
- Klaviyo: Email marketing (integrates with shopify) more advanced system for when you scale your business. you can also embed klaviyo features into shopify. You do not need to have a shopify website to use this feature
- Chargeflow: for online Disputes
- Product Reviews: for brand credibility and authority
- Bundler: create product bundle deals
- Proof Bear: Sales popup to help with site credibility and authority
- GOAFFPRO: to create your own affiliate program
- KrtBite: Back in stock/restock to follow up with potential customers who are interested in a certain product(s)
- Kaktus: preorder now/ pre-sale (tip offer discount for these customers to boost sales)
- Urgency Bear Countdown timer: countdown time for special sales (ex: black friday)
- Honeycomb Upsell and Cross Sell:
URL shortner: i use my Shopify website
Canva Pro: Design Template Creator
Klaviyo: email/sms marketing (integrates with shopify) (can embed in shopify)
Thinkific: build/sell courses (integrates with shopify)
Godaddy: domain name (integrates with shopify) (paid annually)
Google: business email and analytics, and more (integrates with shopify) ( business email $12.99)
Youtube (video social media platform) or Vimeo (can embed in shopify)
Facebook: social media (integrates with shopify) (can embed in shopify)
Meta Business Suite: for Facebook and Instagram. The new way to manage both accounts, and to run ads
Instagram: social media (integrates with shopify) (can embed in shopify)
InsClean: app helps bulk unfollow who you follow or who follows you. I like to use this when doing a social media audit on my Instagram accounts (paying for pro version to clean up my accounts)
Twitter: started over and created an account for my business
Whatsapp: how I connect with international business suppliers
Doordash: food delivery service (or uber eats, catering company, etc.)
Spotify: music/podcast platform (can embed in shopify)
- I allow my clients to pick the music they want to listen to, since i dont have a tv and wont be getting one.
Anchor: create and host podcast
- for my hairstylist podcast
Truebill: Money Management
Vistaprint: Branding supplies
Pay Later or Klarna: payment assistance ( will break high ticket payments into smaller payments for customers)
- pay later integrated into vagaro has cost me money so far, so im not using the feature anymore
- Repost (paid)
- FaceTune (paid)
- Canva (paid)
- Faceapp (paid)
Beauty Pro Booking System
- Vagaro Pro: beauty professional booking software (can embed in shopify)
- add services, products, classes, packages, memberships, and more
- I use this software for my hairstyling booking system. (currently just services)
- when someone books online double check to make sure they provided a contact number AND email address. we need an email address to send invoices and reciepts.
- new consultations cost $35 non refundable. client books first, check to make sure they provided number and email address. if both are there send their consultation invoice immediately. if not call them first to inquire for email address, and informt hem you will send their invoice. it must be paid the day they booked their consultation and before coming to sit in my chair.
- INVOICES are ONLY for consultation appointments and off site bookings (photoshoots, travel hairstyling, events, etc.)
- IN SUITE services require a card on file, which they will need to add after the consultation if they made a decision to get the service or over the phone before booking the appointment.
- for checkout settings I set tipping options for 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%. i require a digital signature, and offer contactless checkout.
- clients are allowed to book and rebook online, and sometimes i manually rebook their appt.
- going forward new and old clients will have to have a card on file to be serviced by me, no exceptions. old clients who do not want to do this, will have to find another stylist. its time to start sticking to strict policies. stop bending the rules for your clients.
- clients have a 15 min grace period to get to their appt.
- do not wait until your appointment time to tell me you will be more than 15, 20, 30 minutes late. Example appt is at 12p, you text or call at 12p to say you'll be late. After you 15 minutes grace period, will be charged.
- 16-20 min late you'll be charged $30 additonal to service cost
- 30 min late will be charged $60 additional to service booked if I can still take them. if i cannot take them they will need to rescedule for another day.
- Please do not expect to be serviced if you are more than 30 mins late. At this point if i can take you i will let you know, if not you'll have to resceducle
- same day cancellations will be charged 50% of service booked
- no shows will be charged the full service amount
- i started using pay later, but its still fairly new and not working effeicently. so im not offering this anymore. I will need to fins something else for them to use. probably create a shop pay collection to checkout clients with high ticket services until i figure something else out.
Disclaimer: I'm also affiliated with some of the companies listed above. Some will give you an opportunity to start a Trial before recurring payments begin. If you decide to purchase any of these softwares through my link(s), I will be compensated.